Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fear of Snow

So, my Mom called out sick from work today (and for like the fifth time this year) because it was snowing outside. Now, I did drive to work today and the roads were totally fine and I had no trouble whatsoever.

My Mom is afraid to drive in the snow. And then she gets mad at me because I do want to drive to work. It is frustrating. Last week we had a pretty big storm. When I woke up there was about 5 inches on the ground. I still wanted to go to work. From the second that I woke up, she was talking about how bad it was out there and how I shouldn't go to work and I might get in an accident and that I should stay home. I wasn't nervous when I woke up, but she was making me nervous (and was annoying the crap out of me in the process). In the end, I drove to work with little problems and I was proud that I did.

I just don't understand how anyone can let fear lead their lives. The roads were totally clear today, but the fact that she won't even try to drive to work really bothers me. I find myself getting snippy with her about it and I vow to NEVER let a fear stop me from doing anything cause I don't want to become her.

Your parents are supposed to be your role models but I just can't look up to my Mom when she is like that. It bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment